§ 39.92.020. Definitions
The definitions set forth in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Developer" means an individual, group of individuals, partnership, corporation, association, municipal corporation, state agency, or other person undertaking development and their successors and assigns.
(2) "Development" means the subdivision or short platting of land or the construction or reconstruction of residential, commercial, industrial, public, or any other building, building space, or land.
(3) "Direct result of the proposed development" means those quantifiable transportation impacts that are caused by vehicles or pedestrians whose trip origin or destination is the proposed development.
(4) "Local government" means all counties, cities, and towns in the state of Washington and transportation benefit districts created pursuant to chapter 36.73 RCW.
(5) "Off-site transportation improvements" means those transportation capital improvements designated in the local plan adopted under this chapter that are authorized to be undertaken by local government and that serve the transportation needs of more than one development.
(6) "Transportation impact fee" means a monetary charge imposed on new development for the purpose of mitigating off-site transportation impacts that are a direct result of the proposed development.
(7) "Fair market value" means the price in terms of money that a property will bring in a competitive and open market under all conditions of a fair sale, the buyer and seller each prudently knowledgeable, and assuming the price is not affected by undue stimulus, measured at the time of the dedication to local government of land or improved transportation facilities.
[1988 c 179 § 2.]Sections: Previous 39.92.010 39.92.020 39.92.030 39.92.040 39.92.050 39.92.900 39.92.901 Next
Last modified: April 7, 2009