§ 39.94.040. State finance committee -- Duties -- Legislative approval required, when
(1) Except as provided in RCW 28B.10.022, the state may not enter into any financing contract for itself if the aggregate principal amount payable thereunder is greater than an amount to be established from time to time by the state finance committee or participate in a program providing for the issuance of certificates of participation, including any contract for credit enhancement, without the prior approval of the state finance committee. Except as provided in RCW 28B.10.022, the state finance committee shall approve the form of all financing contracts or a standard format for all financing contracts. The state finance committee also may:
(a) Consolidate existing or potential financing contracts into master financing contracts with respect to property acquired by one or more agencies, departments, instrumentalities of the state, the state board for community and technical colleges, or a state institution of higher learning; or to be acquired by an other agency;
(b) Approve programs providing for the issuance of certificates of participation in master financing contracts for the state or for other agencies;
(c) Enter into agreements with trustees relating to master financing contracts; and
(d) Make appropriate rules for the performance of its duties under this chapter.
(2) In the performance of its duties under this chapter, the state finance committee may consult with representatives from the department of general administration, the office of financial management, and the department of information services.
(3) With the approval of the state finance committee, the state also may enter into agreements with trustees relating to financing contracts and the issuance of certificates of participation.
(4) Except for financing contracts for real property used for the purposes described under chapter 28B.140 RCW, the state may not enter into any financing contract for real property of the state without prior approval of the legislature.
(5) The state may not enter into any financing contract on behalf of an other agency without the approval of such a financing contract by the governing body of the other agency.
[2003 c 6 § 2; 2002 c 151 § 6; 1998 c 291 § 5; 1989 c 356 § 4.]
Application -- 1998 c 291: See note following RCW 39.94.050.
Last modified: April 7, 2009