Code of Alabama - Title 26: Infants and Incompetents - Section 26-10A-4 - Venue

Section 26-10A-4 - Venue.

All petitions may be filed in the probate court in the county in which:

(1) The minor or adult resides or has a legal residence;

(2) A petitioner resides, or is in military service; or

(3) An office of any agency or institution operating under the laws of this state having guardianship or custody of a minor or an adult is located.

(Acts 1990, No. 90-554, p. 912, §4, Act 98-101, p. 118, §1.)

Last modified: May 3, 2021