(a) A consent or relinquishment required by Section 26-10A-7 may be implied by any of the following acts of a parent:
(1) Abandonment of the adoptee. Abandonment includes, but is not limited to, the failure of the father, with reasonable knowledge of the pregnancy, to offer financial and/or emotional support for a period of six months prior to the birth.
(2) Leaving the adoptee without provision for his or her identification for a period of 30 days.
(3) Knowingly leaving the adoptee with others without provision for support and without communication, or not otherwise maintaining a significant parental relationship with the adoptee for a period of six months.
(4) Receiving notification of the pendency of the adoption proceedings under Section 26-10A-17 and failing to answer or otherwise respond to the petition within 30 days.
(5) Failing to comply with Section 26-10C-1.
(b) Implied consent under subsection (a) may not be withdrawn by any person.
Last modified: May 3, 2021