Code of Alabama - Title 45: Local Laws - Chapter 9 - Chambers County
- Article 1 General and Miscellaneous Provisions.
- Part 1 Disclaimer.
- Section 45-9-10 Disclaimer
(a) This chapter endeavors to add to the Code of Alabama 1975, all Chambers County local laws enacted after 1978 and all Chambers County prior...
- Part 2 Raffles and Fund Raisers.
- Section 45-9-11 Raffles and Fund Raisers
The holding of raffles, cake walks, turkey shoots, and other similar contests of skill for charitable purposes by nonprofit organizations in Chambers County shall be...
- Article 2 Alcoholic Beverages.
- Article 3 Boards and Commissions.
- Section 45-9-30 Library board
(a) In Chambers County, the county commission is hereby authorized to appoint members of the Chambers County Library Board. The board shall consist of not...
- Article 4 Business, Labor, and Occupations.
- Article 5 Constables.
- Section 45-9-50 Office abolished
In Chambers County, effective at the end of the current term of office or immediately upon the written consent of all current Chambers County constables,...
- Article 6 Coroner.
- Section 45-9-60
(a) Pursuant to Amendment No. 103 of the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, the coroner serving Chambers County shall receive a monthly salary of seven...
- Section 45-9-60.01 Travel allowance
The Coroner of Chambers County shall receive a monthly travel allowance of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) each month, in lieu of any mileage allowance...
- Article 7 County Commission.
- Part 1 Compensation.
- Section 45-9-70 Expense allowances
(a) It is the intent of the Legislature to provide the following expense allowances in response to a resolution adopted by the County Commission of...
- Part 2 Membership.
- Article 8 Courts.
- Part 1 Circuit Court.
- Division 1 Compensation.
- Division 2 Records.
- Section 45-9-80.20 Records
(a) That in the Circuit Court of Chambers County, Alabama, all orders and decrees may be made and entered by circuit judges sitting in and...
- Part 2 Court Costs.
- Section 45-9-81 Additional costs and fees; disposition of funds; Judicial Administration Fund
(a) In Chambers County, in addition to all other fees, there shall be taxed as costs the sum of twenty dollars ($20) in each criminal...
- Section 45-9-81.01 Solicitor's fee
(a)(1) In all juvenile, traffic, criminal, and quasi-criminal cases in the juvenile, district, circuit, and municipal courts in Chambers County, a docket fee, hereinafter referred...
- Part 3 District Attorney.
- Division 1 General Provisions.
- Section 45-9-82 Travel allowance
The District Attorney of the Fifth Judicial Circuit shall be entitled to travel allowances in like amounts as are now provided by law to the...
- Division 2 Pretrial Diversion Program.
- Section 45-9-82.20 Established; discretionary powers; supervision and control
(a) The District Attorney of the Fifth Judicial Circuit of Alabama may establish a pretrial diversion program. (b) All discretionary powers endowed by the common...
- Section 45-9-82.21 Definitions
For purposes of this subpart, the following terms shall have the following meanings: (1) DISTRICT ATTORNEY. The elected District Attorney of the Fifth Judicial Circuit...
- Section 45-9-82.22 Applicants for admittance
(a) A person charged with a criminal offense specified in this section whose jurisdiction is in the Circuit or District Court of the Fifth Judicial...
- Section 45-9-82.23 Standards for admission
(a) Admittance to the pretrial diversion program shall be appropriate in any of the following instances: (1) The offender is 18 years of age or...
- Section 45-9-82.24 Admission into program
(a) Prior to being admitted to the pretrial diversion program or as a part or the district attorney's evaluation process, an applicant may be required...
- Section 45-9-82.25 Program requirements
(a) An offender who enters into the pretrial diversion program shall satisfy each of the following requirements: (1) Voluntarily waive, in writing, and contingent upon...
- Section 45-9-82.26 Time for application
(a) An offender shall make application to the pretrial diversion program no later than 21 days after his or her first appearance or arraignment, whichever...
- Section 45-9-82.27 Costs and fees
(a) An applicant may be assessed a fee when the applicant is approved for the program. The amount of the assessment for participation in the...
- Section 45-9-82.28 Substance abuse treatment program; drug testing
The district attorney and the offender may enter into an agreement as a part of the pretrial diversion program of an offender that the offender...
- Section 45-9-82.29 Written agreement; other terms and conditions
(a) In any case in which an offender is admitted into a pretrial diversion program, there shall be a written agreement between the district attorney...
- Section 45-9-82.30 Pretrial Diversion Program Fund
The district attorney shall establish a Pretrial Diversion Program Fund. Fees paid by offenders pursuant to Section 45-9-82.27 shall be placed into the Pretrial Diversion...
- Section 45-9-82.31 Violations; waiver
(a) If the offender violates the conditions of the pretrial diversion program agreed to in writing by the offender and the district attorney, the district...
- Section 45-9-82.32 Liability of district attorney
The district attorney shall have no liability, criminal or civil, for the conduct of any offender while participating in the pretrial diversion program.
- Section 45-9-82.33 Funding
The pretrial diversion program may apply for grants applicable to the aims of the program, may accept gifts from individuals or corporations, and may receive...
- Section 45-9-82.34 Advisory board
The district attorney may form an advisory board to assist in the determination of appropriate pretrial diversion candidates. The district attorney shall retain the final...
- Part 4 District Court.
- Section 45-9-83 Salary supplement
Commencing June 1, 1984, the judge of the District Court for Chambers County shall receive an annual supplemental salary payable in equal monthly installments from...
- Part 5 Probate Court.
- Division 1 License Division.
- Section 45-9-84 Operations
(a) There is hereby created within the judge of probate's office of Chambers County a license division which shall issue all licenses issued through the...
- Division 2 Recording System.
- Division 3 Compensation.
- Division 4 Fees.
- Article 9 Economic and Industrial Development and Tourism.
- Part 1 Economic Development.
- Section 45-9-90 Banks
Any bank, whether incorporated or unincorporated, within this state, now or hereafter situated in Chambers County, and where the principal place of business of such...
- Part 2 Industrial Development.
- Division 1 Industrial Development Council.
- Division 2 Industrial Parks.
- Article 10 Education.
- Section 45-9-100 Supplies
The County Commission of Chambers County, Alabama, is hereby exempted from the provisions of Section 16-9-24 which requires the commission to provide the county superintendent...
- Article 11 Elections.
- Part 1 General.
- Part 2 Board of Registrars.
- Section 45-9-111 Compensation
(a) In Chambers County, in lieu of any and all other compensation, salary, and expense allowances provided for by law, there shall be paid to...
- Part 3 Poll Workers.
- Section 45-9-112 Compensation
In Chambers County, each authorized county-appointed or city-appointed poll worker shall be entitled to receive a minimum of fifty dollars ($50) per day of service....
- Article 12 Employees.
- Section 45-9-120 Compensation
(a) The following officers of Chambers County shall receive the following salaries on an annual basis in lieu of all other compensation: (1) Probate judge...
- Article 13 Engineer, County.
- Article 14 Fire Protection.
- Article 15 Gambling.
- Article 16 Government Finance.
- Article 17 Health and Environment.
- Part 1 Environmental.
- Division 1 Junkyards.
- Division 2 Landfills.
- Division 3 Noise.
- Section 45-9-170.40 Noise control
(a) This section applies in Chambers County. (b) The county commission may promulgate rules and regulations limiting and controlling noise in public places and establishments....
- Division 4 Sepitic Tanks.
- Part 2 Health.
- Division 1 Death Certificates.
- Division 2 Fees.
- Section 45-9-171.20 Fees for services
(a) The Chambers County Board of Health shall designate the services rendered by the county health department for which fees may be charged and shall...
- Article 18 Highways and Bridges.
- Article 19 Legislature.
- Article 20 Licenses and Licensing.
- Section 45-9-200 Mobile homes
(a) Every person, firm, or corporation who owns, maintains, or keeps in Chambers County a mobile home, except a mobile home which constitutes a part...
- Article 21 Motor Vehicles.
- Article 22 Parks, Historic Preservation, Musuems, and Recreation.
- Article 23 Sheriff.
- Part 1 General Provisions.
- Division 1 Compensation.
- Section 45-9-230 Salary
Beginning October 1, 1993, the Sheriff of Chambers County shall receive a salary of fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) per annum. The salary shall be in...
- Section 45-9-230.01 Salary increase
The Sheriff of Chambers County shall be entitled to receive a salary increase in the amount of ten thousand dollars ($10,000) to be added to...
- Division 2 Qualifications.
- Part 2 Employees.
- Part 3 Funding.
- Division 1 Abandoned Property.
- Division 2 Work Release Fund.
- Section 45-9-232.20 Use of funds
The Sheriff of Chambers County may, in his or her discretion, use funds accruing to the Sheriff's Work Release Fund for the operation of the...
- Part 4 Jails.
- Section 45-9-233 Inmate commissary
The county jail administrator for Chambers County shall operate and manage an inmate commissary at the Chambers County detention facility. Proceeds and profits derived by...
- Part 5 Pistol Permits.
- Section 45-9-234 Issuance; fee
(a) In Chambers County, except as provided in subsection (b), the fee for issuance of a permit to carry a pistol in a vehicle or...
- Article 24 Taxation.
- Part 1 Board of Equalization.
- Section 45-9-240 Compensation
The members of the Chambers County Board of Equalization shall be paid fifty dollars ($50) per diem for each day's attendance upon the sessions of...
- Part 2 Revenue Commissioner.
- Section 45-9-241 Office established
(a) Effective October 1, 1991, upon the approval of a majority of the electors of Chambers County, there is hereby created the office of county...
- Section 45-9-241.01 Duties
(a) The Revenue Commissioner of Chambers County may take the necessary action to merge the budgetary operations and functions of his or her office. The...
- Part 3 Tax, Ad Valorem.
- Division 1 Education and Roads.
- Division 2 Exemptions.
- Section 45-9-242.20 Granting of exemptions
(a) Chambers County may henceforth grant county ad valorem exemptions, including real estate, equipment, and supplies for any manufacturing firm or facility that purchases or...
- Division 3 General Purposes.
- Part 4 Tax, General.
- Division 1 Business.
- Division 2 Lodging.
- Division 3 Tangible Personal Property Rentals.
- Part 5 Tax; Tobacco.
- Section 45-9-244 Tobacco products
(a) Upon adoption of the Legislature, there is hereby imposed on every person, firm, or corporation that sells, stores, delivers, uses, or otherwise consumes tobacco...
- Part 6 Tax, Sales and Use.
- Division 1 2006 Tax.
- Section 45-9-245 Applicability
This part shall only apply to Chambers County.
- Section 45-9-245.01 Definitions
As used in this part, state sales and use tax means the tax imposed by the state sales and use tax statutes, including, but not...
- Section 45-9-245.02 Levy of tax
The County Commission of Chambers County may levy, in addition to all other taxes presently levied, an additional sales and use tax not to exceed...
- Section 45-9-245.03 Payment of tax
The tax levied by this part may be collected by the State Department of Revenue, the county commission, or a private collection agency under contract...
- Section 45-9-245.04 Addition of tax to sales price or admission fee
Each person engaging or continuing in a business subject to the tax levied pursuant to this part, shall add to the sales price or admission...
- Section 45-9-245.05 Collections and enforcement
The tax levied by this part shall constitute a debt due Chambers County. The tax, together with any interest and penalties, shall constitute and be...
- Section 45-9-245.06 Application of state sales tax statutes
All provisions of the state sales and use tax statutes with respect to the payment, assessment, and collection of the state sales and use tax,...
- Section 45-9-245.07 Charge for collection
The collection agency may charge Chambers County for collecting the tax levied under this part in an amount or percentage of total collections as may...
- Section 45-9-245.08 Disposition of funds
Proceeds from the additional taxes as prescribed by this part and deposited into the county's general funds shall be utilized as follows: (1) Forty percent...
- Division 2 2016 Tax.
- Article 25 Utilities.
- Article 26 Zoning and Planning.
Last modified: May 3, 2021