The Commissioner of Conservation and Natural Resources is hereby empowered to promulgate and establish rules and regulations as to when, where and how and under what conditions mussels or any type of mollusk may be caught or taken from the fresh waters of this state. This regulatory and rule-making power shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) The number, size and type of mussels or mollusks that may be caught or taken;
(2) The dates, times and areas when mussels or mollusks may be caught or taken;
(3) The type of gear, equipment and boats that may be used to take or catch mussels or mollusks;
(4) The type, kind and number of records and reports which must be submitted to the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources on activities in the mussel and mollusk fishing industry; and
(5) The type of gear and equipment and the number and kind of boat or boats that may be used under each "mussel catcher's license."
Last modified: May 3, 2021