(a) The department shall issue a license to act as a hearing aid dealer to an individual who
(1) is 18 years of age or older;
(2) applies on a form provided by the department;
(3) has a high school diploma or the equivalent;
(4) has a business license issued under AS 43.70.020 ;
(5) furnishes evidence satisfactory to the department that the individual has not engaged in conduct that is a ground for imposing disciplinary sanctions under AS 08.55.130 ;
(6) submits with the application a statement disclosing whether the applicant
(A) has, during the five-year period immediately preceding the date of the application been convicted of a felony, or had a final judgment entered against the applicant in a civil action, if the felony or civil action involved fraud, embezzlement, or misappropriation of property;
(B) is subject to an injunctive order that is currently in effect from a pending proceeding or action brought by a public agency;
(C) is a defendant in a pending criminal or civil action relating to fraud, embezzlement, misappropriation of property, or the antitrust or trade regulation laws of the United States or a state;
(D) has, during the five-year period immediately preceding the date of the application, been reorganized, had a debt adjustment, or has been adjudicated a bankrupt under bankruptcy proceedings due to insolvency or was a principal executive officer or general partner of a business that has been reorganized, had a debt adjustment, or has been adjudicated a bankrupt due to insolvency during the five-year period;
(7) furnishes a description of each item in (6) of this subsection that the applicant disclosed as being applicable to the applicant.
(b) An individual who is a physician or an audiologist may deal in hearing aids without being licensed under this chapter, but shall comply with AS 08.55.050 , 08.55.070, 08.55.100, 08.55.110(a), 08.55.110(b)(3) and (c) - (h), and 08.55.130(7) - (13) when dealing in hearing aids.
(c) If an individual licensed under this chapter has more than one place of business, the department shall, on request and payment of a fee, issue a duplicate license for each place of business of the individual.Section: 08.55.010 08.55.020 08.55.030 08.55.040 08.55.050 08.55.060 08.55.070 08.55.080 08.55.100 08.55.110 08.55.120 08.55.130 08.55.140 08.55.150 08.55.160 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016