(a) A hearing aid dealer shall give the following items to a consumer at the time the consumer contracts with the hearing aid dealer to buy or lease a hearing aid:
(1) an instructional brochure that contains operating instructions, purchase privileges, and performance data for the hearing aid;
(2) a statement of the dealer's registration number;
(3) a statement of the manufacturer's specifications, make, model, and serial number for the hearing aid;
(4) a clear statement of the full terms of the contract; and
(5) a written statement indicating that the consumer may file a written complaint about a hearing aid or a hearing aid dealer with the department and giving the mailing address and location address of the department.
(b) Before the sale of a used hearing aid, the hearing aid dealer shall clearly mark the receipt and the container for the hearing aid as "used" or "reconditioned," whichever is applicable, and with the terms of a guarantee that the dealer provides.Section: Previous 08.55.010 08.55.020 08.55.030 08.55.040 08.55.050 08.55.060 08.55.070 08.55.080 08.55.100 08.55.110 08.55.120 08.55.130 08.55.140 08.55.150 08.55.160 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016