(a) The election of a candidate to the state legislature or to municipal office who knowingly commits a corrupt practice or whose campaign treasurer or deputy campaign treasurer knowingly commits a corrupt practice is voidable under this section.
(b) If a successful candidate or the campaign treasurer or the deputy campaign treasurer of a successful candidate for the state legislature or for a seat on a city council or borough assembly or for mayor is convicted of a felony or misdemeanor described in this chapter as a corrupt practice, the eligibility of the successful candidate to hold the office to which elected shall be determined as to
(1) a member of the legislature under art. II, Sec. 12 of the state constitution;
(2) a member of the borough assembly under AS 29.20.170 (6);
(3) a borough mayor under AS 29.20.280 (6);
(4) a member of the city council under AS 29.20.170 (6);
(5) a city mayor under AS 29.20.280 (6).Section: Previous 15.56.030 15.56.035 15.56.040 15.56.050 15.56.060 15.56.070 15.56.080 15.56.090 15.56.100 15.56.110 15.56.115 15.56.120 15.56.130 15.56.199 Next
Last modified: November 15, 2016