22-136. Constable ethics standards and training board
A. A constable ethics standards and training board is established consisting of the following voting members:
1. Two constables from counties with a population of less than one million persons who are appointed by the Arizona association of counties.
2. Two constables from counties with a population of one million or more persons who are appointed by the Arizona association of counties.
3. One justice of the peace who is appointed by the chief justice of the supreme court.
4. One county administrator or designee who is appointed by the county supervisors association.
5. One sheriff who is appointed by the governor.
6. One member of the public who is appointed by the governor.
7. One member who is a board member of the Arizona multihousing association at the time of appointment and who is appointed by the governor.
B. The board shall annually elect a chairperson, vice-chairperson and secretary from among its members. The chairperson may establish committees to assist and advise the board in carrying out its responsibilities. A majority of the board constitutes a quorum and a majority vote of the quorum is necessary for the board to take any action.
C. Terms of the board members are four years. If a member ceases to hold the position that qualified the member for the appointment, the member's membership terminates and the appointing authority pursuant to subsection A fills the vacancy for the unexpired term.
D. Members of the board are not eligible to receive compensation but are eligible for reimbursement of expenses pursuant to title 38, chapter 4, article 2.Section: Previous 22-124 22-125 22-131 22-132 22-133 22-134 22-135 22-136 22-137 22-138 22-201 22-202 22-203 22-204 22-205 Next
Last modified: October 13, 2016