Arkansas Code § 11-7-403 - Fire Bosses, Mine Foremen, Etc. -- Examination -- Qualifications

(a) No fire bosses, hoisting engineers, or mine foremen shall be employed in any mine in the State of Arkansas unless they have been examined by the Department of Labor or the department determines that comparable testing criteria have been met in another jurisdiction.

(b) No one shall act as State Mine Inspector or Assistant State Mine Inspector unless he or she has been examined by the department, as provided in this section.

(c) Applicants for examination shall be able to read and write the English language and shall satisfy the department that they are of good moral character and are not users of intoxicating liquors and are citizens of the United States.

(d) All applicants shall be thoroughly examined with reference to the duties of the positions for which they have applied for a certificate.

(e) (1) Applicants for certificates as mine foremen shall be at least twenty-five (25) years old and shall have had at least five (5) years' experience as practical coal miners, mining engineers, or persons of general underground experience.

(2) Applicants for certificates as fire bosses shall have like qualifications and experience in the mines of Arkansas or elsewhere and shall also have had experience in mines that generate explosive and noxious gases.

(f) (1) Applicants for certificates as mine inspector shall, before examination, pay to the department a fee of four dollars ($4.00) and, if successful, a further fee of six dollars ($6.00) for a certificate.

(2) Applicants for certificates as assistant mine inspector shall, before examination, pay to the department a fee of three dollars ($3.00) and, if successful, a further fee of four dollars and fifty cents ($4.50) for a certificate.

(3) Applicants for certificates as mine foremen and hoisting engineers shall, before examination, pay to the department a fee of two dollars ($2.00) and, if successful, a further fee of three dollars ($3.00) for a certificate.

(4) Other applicants shall, before examination, pay to the department of examiners a fee of one dollar ($1.00) and, if successful, a further fee of two dollars ($2.00) for a certificate.

Section: Previous  11-7-402  11-7-403  11-7-404  11-7-405  11-7-406  11-7-407  11-7-408  11-7-409  11-7-410  11-7-411  11-7-412  11-7-413  11-7-414    Next

Last modified: November 15, 2016