California Government Code Section 36522

CA Govt Code § 36522 (2017)  

Any officer or employee collecting or receiving any money belonging to, or for the use of, the city shall deposit it immediately in the treasury in the manner prescribed by ordinance for the benefit of the funds to which it belongs. He shall report such deposits to, and settle with, the city clerk, or director of finance if that office has been established by ordinance, on the first Monday in each month or at such shorter intervals as are prescribed by ordinance.

(Amended by Stats. 1959, Ch. 1294.)

Last modified: October 25, 2018