(a) Fees collected under Sections 70611, 70612, 70650, 70651, 70652, 70653, 70655, 70658, and 70670 shall be deposited in a bank account established by the Administrative Office of the Courts for deposit of fees collected by the courts.
(b) For each three-hundred-fifty-five-dollar ($355) fee listed in subdivision (a), the Administrative Office of the Courts shall distribute specified amounts in each county as follows:
(1) To the county law library fund, the amount described in Sections 6321 and 6322.1 of the Business and Professions Code.
(2) To the account to support dispute resolution programs, the amount described in Section 470.5 of the Business and Professions Code.
(c) The remainder of the fees in subdivision (a) shall be transmitted monthly to the Treasurer for deposit. For each three-hundred-fifty-five-dollar ($355) fee listed in subdivision (a), the Controller shall make deposits as follows:
(1) To the State Court Facilities Construction Fund, as provided in Article 6 (commencing with Section 70371) of Chapter 5.7, thirty-five dollars ($35).
(2) To the Immediate and Critical Needs Account of the State Court Facilities Construction Fund, established in Section 70371.5, thirty dollars ($30), unless the fee is collected under Section 70658, in which case the amount distributed to that fund shall be one hundred seventy dollars ($170).
(3) To the Judges’ Retirement Fund, as established in Section 75100, two dollars and fifty cents ($2.50).
(4) To the Trial Court Trust Fund for use as part of the Equal Access Fund program administered by the Judicial Council, four dollars and eighty cents ($4.80).
(5) To the Trial Court Trust Fund, as provided in Section 68085.1, the remainder of the fee.
(d) If any of the fees listed in subdivision (a) are reduced or partially waived, the amount of the reduction or partial waiver shall be deducted from the amount to be distributed to each fund or account in the same proportion as the amount of each distribution bears to the total amount of the fee.
(e) As used in this section, “law library fund” includes a law library account described in Section 6320 of the Business and Professions Code.
(Amended by Stats. 2009, Ch. 342, Sec. 2. (SB 75) Effective January 1, 2010.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018