(a) On or before June 1, 2017, the Labor Commissioner shall develop a model notice pertaining to workplace rights and wage and hour laws for employees of establishments licensed under Chapter 10 (commencing with Section 7301) of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code. The model posting notice shall be developed using plain language, and in all languages listed in subdivision (c), and be accessible on the Labor Commissioner’s Internet Web site so that it is reasonably accessible to an establishment that must comply with Section 7353.4 of the Business and Professions Code.
(b) The model notice shall include information, including, but not limited to, all of the following:
(1) Misclassification of an employee as an independent contractor.
(2) Wage and hour laws, including, but not limited to, minimum wage, overtime compensation, meal periods, and rest periods.
(3) Tip or gratuity distribution.
(4) How to report violations of the law.
(5) Business expense reimbursement.
(6) Protection from retaliation.
(c) The model notice shall include full text translations in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean.
(Added by Stats. 2016, Ch. 357, Sec. 2. (AB 2437) Effective January 1, 2017.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018