(a) Any person who violates one or more of the offenses listed in subdivision (b) with knowledge that he or she has acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) or with the knowledge that he or she carries antibodies of the human immunodeficiency virus at the time of the commission of those offenses shall receive a three-year enhancement for each violation in addition to the sentence provided under those sections.
(b) Subdivision (a) applies to the following crimes:
(1) Rape in violation of Section 261.
(2) Unlawful intercourse with a person under 18 years of age in violation of Section 261.5.
(3) Rape of a spouse in violation of Section 262.
(4) Sodomy in violation of Section 286.
(5) Oral copulation in violation of Section 288a.
(c) For purposes of proving the knowledge requirement of this section, the prosecuting attorney may use test results received under subdivision (c) of Section 1202.1 or subdivision (g) of Section 1202.6.
(Amended (as added by Stats. 2010, Ch. 711, Sec. 5) by Stats. 2011, Ch. 296, Sec. 227. (AB 1023) Effective January 1, 2012.)
Last modified: October 25, 2018