11.1465 Services provided to Legislature.—The House of Representatives and the Senate shall be independently responsible for providing the following services to their respective members and committees:
(1) Legal research and drafting of legislation for individual members and committees.
(2) Review of legislation and drafting of amendments.
(3) The preparation of bill summaries.
(4) Providing staff facilities comparable in quality and adequacy to those which the Legislature provides for other departments of state government, and, to the extent that funds are available, providing such other adequate expert assistance as may be necessary to assist each house in performing its required functions.
(5) To the extent that funds are available, furnishing each standing committee such professional assistance as may be required in order to provide comprehensive research capabilities for each such committee.
History.—s. 2, ch. 72-178; s. 9, ch. 85-322.Section: Previous 11.07 11.111 11.12 11.13 11.131 11.135 11.143 11.1465 11.147 11.151 11.241 11.242 11.2421 11.2422 11.2423 Next
Last modified: September 23, 2016