332.004 Definitions of terms used in ss. 332.003-332.007.—As used in ss. 332.003-332.007, the term:
(1) “Airport” means any area of land or water, or any manmade object or facility located therein, which is used, or intended for public use, for the landing and takeoff of aircraft, and any appurtenant areas which are used, or intended for public use, for airport buildings or other airport facilities or rights-of-way.
(2) “Airport hazard” means any structure or object of natural growth located on or in the vicinity of a public-use airport, or any use of land near such airport, which obstructs or causes an obstruction to the airspace required for the flight of aircraft in landing or taking off at such airport or is otherwise hazardous to landing or taking off at such airport.
(3) “Airport master planning” means the development, for planning purposes, of information and guidance to determine the extent, type, and nature of development needed at a specific airport.
(4) “Airport or aviation development project” or “development project” means any activity associated with the design, construction, purchase, improvement, or repair of a public-use airport or portion thereof, including, but not limited to: the purchase of equipment; the acquisition of land, including land required as a condition of a federal, state, or local permit or agreement for environmental mitigation; off-airport noise mitigation projects; the removal, lowering, relocation, marking, and lighting of airport hazards; the installation of navigation aids used by aircraft in landing at or taking off from a public airport; the installation of safety equipment required by rule or regulation for certification of the airport under s. 612 of the Federal Aviation Act of 1958, and amendments thereto; and the improvement of access to the airport by road or rail system which is on airport property and which is consistent, to the maximum extent feasible, with the approved local government comprehensive plan of the units of local government in which the airport is located.
(5) “Airport or aviation discretionary capacity improvement projects” or “discretionary capacity improvement projects” means capacity improvements which are consistent, to the maximum extent feasible, with the approved local government comprehensive plans of the units of local government in which the airport is located, and which enhance intercontinental capacity at airports which:
(a) Are international airports with United States Bureau of Customs and Border Protection;
(b) Had one or more regularly scheduled intercontinental flights during the previous calendar year or have an agreement in writing for installation of one or more regularly scheduled intercontinental flights upon the commitment of funds for stipulated airport capital improvements; and
(c) Have available or planned public ground transportation between the airport and other major transportation facilities.
(6) “Aviation system planning” means the development of comprehensive aviation plans designed to achieve and facilitate the establishment of a statewide, integrated aviation system in order to meet the current and future aviation needs of this state.
(7) “Eligible agency” means a political subdivision of the state or an authority which owns or seeks to develop a public-use airport.
(8) “Federal aid” means funds made available from the Federal Government for the accomplishment of airport or aviation development projects.
(9) “Florida airport system” means all existing public-use airports that are owned and operated within the state and those public-use airports which will be developed and made operational in the future.
(10) “Landing area” means that area used or intended to be used for the landing, takeoff, or surface maneuvering of an aircraft.
(11) “Planning agency” means any agency authorized by the laws of the state or by a political subdivision to engage in area planning for the areas in which assistance under this act is contemplated.
(12) “Project” means a project for the accomplishment of airport or aviation development or airport master planning.
(13) “Project cost” means any cost involved in accomplishing a project.
(14) “Public-use airport” means any publicly owned airport which is used or to be used for public purposes.
(15) “Sponsor” means any eligible agency which, either individually or jointly with one or more eligible agencies, submits to the department an application for financial assistance for an airport development project in accordance with this act.
History.—s. 259, ch. 84-309; s. 3, ch. 84-320; s. 4, ch. 85-180; s. 66, ch. 90-136; s. 16, ch. 94-237; s. 74, ch. 2002-20; s. 31, ch. 2004-5.Section: Previous 332.001 332.003 332.004 332.005 332.006 332.007 332.009 332.01 332.02 332.03 332.06 332.07 332.08 332.09 332.11 Next
Last modified: September 23, 2016