332.01 Airport law; definitions.—The following words, terms, and phrases shall in ss. 332.01-332.12 have the meanings herein given, unless otherwise specifically defined, or unless another intention clearly appears, or the context otherwise requires:
(1) “Municipality” means any county, city, village, or town of this state.
(2) “Airport purposes” means and includes airport, restricted landing area, and other air navigation facility purposes.
(3) “Airport” means any area, of land or water, except a restricted landing area, which is designed for the landing and takeoff of aircraft, whether or not facilities are provided for the shelter, servicing, or repair of aircraft, or for receiving and discharging passengers or cargo, and all appurtenant areas used or suitable for access to airport facilities, airport buildings, or other airport facilities, and all appurtenant rights-of-way, whether heretofore or hereafter established.
(4) “Air navigation facility” means any facility used in, available for use in, or designed for use in, aid of air navigation, including airports, restricted landing areas, and any structures, mechanisms, lights, beacons, marks, communicating systems, or other instrumentalities or devices used or useful as an aid, or constituting an advantage or convenience, to the safe taking off, navigation, and landing of aircraft, or the safe and efficient operation or maintenance of an airport, or restricted landing area, and any combination of any or all of such facilities.
(5) “Air navigation” means the operation or navigation of aircraft in the airspace over this state, or upon any airport or restricted landing area within this state.
(6) “Person” means any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, company, association, joint-stock association, or body politic; and includes any trustee, receiver, assignee, or other similar representative thereof.
History.—s. 1, ch. 22846, 1945; s. 69, ch. 90-136.Section: Previous 332.001 332.003 332.004 332.005 332.006 332.007 332.009 332.01 332.02 332.03 332.06 332.07 332.08 332.09 332.11 Next
Last modified: September 23, 2016