Article heading amended by L 2015, c 77, pt of §1.
§576B-706 Registration of Convention support order. (a) Except as otherwise provided in this article, a party who is an individual or a support enforcement agency seeking recognition of a Convention support order shall register the order in this State as provided in Article 6.
(b) Notwithstanding sections 576B-311 and 576B-602(a), a request for registration of a Convention support order shall be accompanied by:
(1) A complete text of the support order or an abstract or extract of the support order drawn up by the issuing foreign tribunal, which may be in the form recommended by the Hague Conference on Private International Law;
(2) A record stating that the support order is enforceable in the issuing country;
(3) If the respondent did not appear and was not represented in the proceedings in the issuing country, a record attesting, as appropriate, either that the respondent had proper notice of the proceedings and an opportunity to be heard or that the respondent had proper notice of the support order and an opportunity to be heard in a challenge or appeal on fact or law before a tribunal;
(4) A record showing the amount of arrears, if any, and the date the amount was calculated;
(5) A record showing a requirement for automatic adjustment of the amount of support, if any, and the information necessary to make the appropriate calculations; and
(6) If necessary, a record showing the extent to which the applicant received free legal assistance in the issuing country.
(c) A request for registration of a Convention support order may seek recognition and partial enforcement of the order.
(d) A tribunal of this State may vacate the registration of a Convention support order without the filing of a contest under section 576B-707 only if, acting on its own motion, the tribunal finds that recognition and enforcement of the order would be manifestly incompatible with public policy.
(e) The tribunal shall promptly notify the parties of the registration or the order vacating the registration of a Convention support order. [L 2015, c 77, pt of §1]Section: Previous 576b-615 576b-616 576b-701 576b-702 576b-703 576b-704 576b-705 576b-706 576b-707 576b-708 576b-709 576b-710 576b-711 576b-712 576b-713 Next
Last modified: October 27, 2016