Article heading amended by L 2015, c 77, pt of §1.
§576B-710 Foreign support agreement. (a) Except as otherwise provided in subsections (c) and (d), a tribunal of this State shall recognize and enforce a foreign support agreement registered in this State.
(b) An application or direct request for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support agreement shall be accompanied by:
(1) A complete text of the foreign support agreement; and
(2) A record stating that the foreign support agreement is enforceable as an order of support in the issuing country.
(c) A tribunal of this State may vacate the registration of a foreign support agreement only if, acting on its own motion, the tribunal finds that recognition and enforcement would be manifestly incompatible with public policy.
(d) In a contest of a foreign support agreement, a tribunal of this State may refuse recognition and enforcement of the agreement if it finds:
(1) Recognition and enforcement of the agreement is manifestly incompatible with public policy;
(2) The agreement was obtained by fraud or falsification;
(3) The agreement is incompatible with a support order involving the same parties and having the same purpose in this State, another state, or a foreign country if the support order is entitled to recognition and enforcement under this chapter in this State; or
(4) The record submitted under subsection (b) lacks authenticity or integrity.
(e) A proceeding for recognition and enforcement of a foreign support agreement shall be suspended during the pendency of a challenge to or appeal of the agreement before a tribunal of another state or a foreign country. [L 2015, c 77, pt of §1]Section: Previous 576b-703 576b-704 576b-705 576b-706 576b-707 576b-708 576b-709 576b-710 576b-711 576b-712 576b-713 576b-801 576b-802 576b-901 576b-902 Next
Last modified: October 27, 2016