Attorney General Opinions
Executive branch could exercise its authority under this part to reduce allotments for fiscal year in progress. Att. Gen. Op. 03-2.
§37-35 Estimated expenditures; approval. The director of finance shall review all estimates submitted under section 37-34 and, having due regard for:
(1) The probable further needs of the department or establishment for the remainder of the term for which the appropriation was made;
(2) The terms and purposes of the appropriation, the progress of collection of revenues, and condition of the treasury; and
(3) The probable receipts and total cash requirements for the ensuing quarter, shall approve, increase, or reduce the amount of the estimate;
provided that the director of finance shall approve the estimates submitted by the University of Hawaii when:
(1) The sum of the estimates for each funding source does not exceed the applicable allotment ceilings established by the governor under section 37-34;
(2) The progress of collection of revenues, the condition of the treasury, and the probable receipts and total cash requirements for the ensuing quarter permit; and
(3) All other legal requirements are satisfied.
The director shall act promptly upon all estimates and notify each department or establishment of its allotment, and shall notify the comptroller. [L Sp 1959 1st, c 12, pt of §3; Supp, §35-23; HRS §37-35; gen ch 1985; am L 1986, c 320, §2; am L 1989, c 370, §2; am L 1994, c 281, §§4, 6; am L 1995, c 11, §21]Section: Previous 37-1-to-14 37-31 37-32 37-33 37-34 37-34.5 37-34.6-34.7 37-35 37-36 37-37 37-38 37-39 37-40 37-41 37-41.5 Next
Last modified: October 27, 2016