Pilot project for efficiency measures to be included with budget documents submitted to the legislature; report to 2017 legislature; auditor report (no later than March 1, 2017). L 2015, c 67.
[§37-63] Statement of policy. It is the purpose of this part to establish a comprehensive system for state program and financial management which furthers the capacity of the governor and the legislature to plan, program and finance the programs of the State. The system shall include procedures for:
(1) The orderly establishment, continuing review and periodic revision of the state program and financial objectives and policies.
(2) The development, coordination and review of long-range program and financial plans that will implement established state objectives and policies.
(3) The preparation, coordination and analysis, and enactment of a budget organized to focus on state programs and their costs, that authorizes the implementation of the long-range plans in the succeeding budget period.
(4) The evaluation of alternatives to existing objectives, policies, plans and procedures that offer potential for more efficient and effective use of state resources.
(5) The regular appraisal and reporting of program performance. [L 1970, c 185, §3]Section: Previous 37-52.3 37-52.4 37-52.5 37-53 37-54 37-61 37-62 37-63 37-64 37-65 37-66 37-67 37-68 37-68.5 37-69 Next
Last modified: October 27, 2016