(745 ILCS 72/15)
Sec. 15. Operator responsibilities. It is the responsibility of the operator to the extent practicable to:
(1) Post the duties of roller skaters and spectators
and the duties and obligations of the operator as prescribed in this Act in conspicuous places in at least 3 locations in the roller skating rink.
(2) Comply with all roller skating rink safety
standards published by the Roller Skating Rink Operators Association, including but not limited to the proper maintenance of roller skating equipment and roller skating surfaces.
(3) Maintain the stability and legibility of all
signs, symbols, and posted notices required by this Act.
(4) When the rink is open for sessions, have at least
one floor supervisor on duty for every 200 skaters.
(5) Maintain the skating surface in a reasonably safe
condition and clean and inspect the skating surface before each session.
(6) Maintain in good condition the railings,
kickboards, and walls surrounding the skating surface.
(7) In rinks with step-up or step-down skating
surfaces, ensure that the covering on the riser is securely fastened.
(8) Install fire extinguishers and inspect fire
extinguishers at recommended intervals.
(9) Inspect emergency lighting units periodically to
insure the lights are in proper order.
(10) Keep exit lights and lights in service areas on
when skating surface lights are turned off during special numbers.
(11) Check rental skates on a regular basis to insure
the skates are in good mechanical condition.
(12) Comply with all applicable State and local
(Source: P.A. 89-37, eff. 1-1-96.)
Last modified: February 18, 2015