Designation of certain state, county and city officers to prepare, sign and serve citations.
1. Any board of county commissioners or governing body of a city may designate the chief officer of the organized fire department or any employees designated by him, and certain of its inspectors of solid waste management, building, housing and licensing inspectors, zoning enforcement officers, parking enforcement officers, animal control officers, traffic engineers, and marshals and park rangers of units of specialized law enforcement established pursuant to NRS 280.125, to prepare, sign and serve written citations on persons accused of violating a county or city ordinance.
2. The State Health Officer and the health officer of each county, district and city may designate certain of his employees to prepare, sign and serve written citations on persons accused of violating any law, ordinance or regulation of a board of health that relates to public health.
3. The Chief of the Manufactured Housing Division of the Department of Business and Industry may designate certain of his employees to prepare, sign and serve written citations on persons accused of violating any law or regulation of the Division relating to the provisions of chapters 118B, 461, 461A and 489 of NRS.
4. The State Contractorsí Board may designate certain of its employees to prepare, sign and serve written citations on persons pursuant to subsection 2 of NRS 624.115.
5. An employee designated pursuant to this section:
(a) May exercise the authority to prepare, sign and serve citations only within the field of enforcement in which he works;
(b) May, if he is employed by a city or county, prepare, sign and serve a citation only to enforce an ordinance of the city or county by which he is employed; and
(c) Shall comply with the provisions of NRS 171.1773.
Last modified: February 25, 2006