Issuance of warrant or summons.
1. Upon the request of the Attorney General acting pursuant to a specific statute or the district attorney, the court shall issue a warrant for each defendant named in the indictment or information.
2. The clerk shall issue a summons instead of a warrant upon the request of the district attorney, the Attorney General or by direction of the court.
3. Upon like request or direction the clerk shall issue more than one warrant or summons for the same defendant.
4. The clerk shall deliver the warrant or summons to the peace officer or other person authorized by law to execute or serve it.
5. If a defendant fails to appear in response to the summons, a warrant must be issued.
Last modified: February 25, 2006