Establishment; purposes; assistance from Department of Corrections and Division of Parole and Probation; report; limitations.
1. The Director of the Department shall establish within the Central Repository a program to compile and analyze data concerning offenders who commit sexual offenses. The program must be designed to:
(a) Provide statistical data relating to the recidivism of offenders who commit sexual offenses; and
(b) Use the data provided by the Division of Child and Family Services of the Department of Human Resources pursuant to NRS 62H.220 to:
(1) Provide statistical data relating to the recidivism of juvenile sex offenders after they become adults; and
(2) Assess the effectiveness of programs for the treatment of juvenile sex offenders.
2. The Division of Parole and Probation and the Department of Corrections shall assist the Director of the Department in obtaining data and in carrying out the program.
3. The Director of the Department shall report the statistical data and findings from the program to:
(a) The Legislature at the beginning of each regular session.
(b) The Advisory Commission on Sentencing on or before January 31 of each even-numbered year.
4. The data acquired pursuant to this section is confidential and must be used only for the purpose of research. The data and findings generated pursuant to this section must not contain information that may reveal the identity of a juvenile sex offender or the identity of an individual victim of a crime.
Last modified: February 25, 2006