Duties: Reports to Governor, participating counties and Legislative Commission.
1. The State Public Defender shall submit:
(a) A report on or before December 1 of each year to the Governor and to each participating county containing a statement of:
(1) The number of cases that are pending in each participating county;
(2) The number of cases in each participating county that were closed in the previous fiscal year;
(3) The total number of criminal defendants represented in each participating county with separate categories specifying the crimes charged and whether the defendant was less than 18 years of age or an adult;
(4) The total number of working hours spent by the State Public Defender and his staff on work for each participating county; and
(5) The amount and categories of the expenditures made by his office.
(b) To each participating county, on or before December 1 of each even-numbered year, the total proposed budget of the State Public Defender for that county, including the projected number of cases and the projected cost of services attributed to the county for the next biennium.
(c) Such reports to the Legislative Commission as the regulations of the Commission require.
2. As used in this section, “participating county” means each county in which the office of public defender has not been created pursuant to NRS 260.010.
Last modified: February 25, 2006