New Jersey Revised Statutes § 26:2i-23 - Power Of State Departments, Agencies.

26:2I-23 Power of State departments, agencies.

23.In order to provide new health care organizations and to enable the construction and financing thereof, to refinance indebtedness hereafter created by the authority for the purpose of providing one or more health care organizations or additions or improvements thereto or modernization thereof or for any one or more of said purposes but for no other purpose unless authorized by law, each of the following bodies shall have the powers hereafter enumerated to be exercised upon such terms and conditions, including the fixing of fair consideration or rental to be paid or received, as it shall determine by resolution as to such property and each shall be subject to the performance of the duties hereafter enumerated, that is to say, the Department of Health as to such as are located on land owned by, or owned by the State and held for, any State institution or on lands of the institutions under the jurisdiction of the Department of Health or of the Department of Human Services, or by the authority, the Commissioner of Human Services as to State institutions operated by that department, the board of trustees or governing body of any public health care organization, the board of governors of Rutgers, The State University, as to such as are located on land owned by the university, or by the State for the university, the State or by the particular public health care organization, respectively, namely:

a.The power to sell and to convey to the authority title in fee simple in any such land and any existing health care facility thereon owned by the State and held for any department thereof or of any of the institutions under the jurisdiction of the Department of Health or the power to sell and to convey to the authority such title as the State or the public health care organization, respectively, may have in any such land and any existing health care facility thereon.

b.The power to lease to the authority any land and any existing health care facility thereon so owned for a term or terms not exceeding 50 years each.

c.The power to lease or sublease from the authority, and to make available, any such land and existing health care facility conveyed or leased to the authority under subsections a. and b. of this section, and any new health care facility erected upon such land or upon any other land owned by the authority.

d.The power and duty, upon receipt of notice of any assignment by the authority of any lease or sublease made under subsection c. of this section, or of any of its rights under any such lease or sublease, to recognize and give effect to such assignment, and to pay to the assignee thereof rentals or other payments then due or which may become due under any such lease or sublease which has been so assigned by the authority.

L.1972, c.29, s.23; amended 1997, c.435, s.9; 2012, c.17, s.262; 2012, c.45, s.110.

Section: Previous  26-2i-16  26-2i-17  26-2i-18  26-2i-19  26-2i-20  26-2i-21  26-2i-22  26-2i-23  26-2i-24  26-2i-25  26-2i-27  26-2i-28  26-2i-29  26-2i-30  26-2i-31  Next

Last modified: October 11, 2016