40:14A-16. Provisions authorized in bond resolution
Any bond resolution of a sewerage authority providing for or authorizing the issuance of any bonds may contain provisions, and such sewerage authority, in order to secure the payment of such bonds and in addition to its other powers, shall have power by provision in the bond resolution to covenant and agree with the several holders of such bonds, as to:
(1) the custody, security, use, expenditure or application of the proceeds of the bonds;
(2) the construction and completion, or replacement, of all or any part of the sewerage system;
(3) the use, regulation, operation, maintenance, insurance or disposition of all or any part of the sewerage system, or restrictions on the exercise of the powers of the sewerage authority to dispose, or to limit or regulate the use, of all or any part of the sewerage system;
(4) payment of the principal of or interest on the bonds, or any other obligations, and the sources and methods thereof, the rank or priority of any such bonds or obligations as to any lien or security, or the acceleration of the maturity of any such bonds or obligations;
(5) the use and disposition of any moneys of the sewerage authority, including revenues (in this act sometimes called "system revenues" ) derived or to be derived from the operation of all or any part of the sewerage system, including any parts thereof theretofore constructed or acquired and any parts, extensions, replacements or improvements thereof thereafter constructed or acquired;
(6) pledging, setting aside, depositing or trusteeing all or any part of the system revenues or other moneys of the sewerage authority to secure the payment of the principal of or interest on the bonds or any other obligations, or the payment of expenses of operation or maintenance of the sewerage system, and the powers and duties of any trustee with regard thereto;
(7) the setting aside out of the system revenues or other moneys of the sewerage authority of reserves and sinking funds, and the source, custody, security, regulation, application and disposition thereof;
(8) determination or definition of the system revenues or of the expenses of operation and maintenance of the sewerage system;
(9) the rents, rates, fees, or other charges for connection with or the use or services of the sewerage system, including any parts thereof theretofore constructed or acquired and any parts, extensions, replacements or improvements thereof thereafter constructed or acquired, and the fixing, establishment, collection and enforcement of the same, the amount or amounts of system revenues to be produced thereby, and the disposition and application of the amounts charged or collected;
(10) the assumption or payment or discharge of any indebtedness, liens or other claims relating to any part of the sewerage system or any obligations having or which may have a lien on any part of the system revenues;
(11) limitations on the issuance of additional bonds or any other obligations or on the incurrence of indebtedness of the sewerage authority;
(12) limitations on the powers of the sewerage authority to construct, acquire or operate, or permit the construction, acquisition or operation of, any plants, structures, facilities or properties which may compete or tend to compete with the sewerage system;
(13) vesting in a trustee or trustees such property, rights, powers and duties in trust as the sewerage authority may determine which may include any or all of the rights, powers and duties of the trustee appointed by the holders of bonds pursuant to section seventeen of this act, and limiting or abrogating the right of such holders to appoint a trustee pursuant to section seventeen of this act or limiting the rights, duties and powers of such trustee;
(14) payment of costs or expenses incident to the enforcement of the bonds or of the provisions of the bond resolution or of any covenant or contract with the holders of the bonds;
(15) the procedure, if any, by which the terms of any covenant or contract with, or duty to, the holders of bonds may be amended or abrogated, the amount of bonds the holders of which must consent thereto, and the manner in which such consent may be given or evidenced; or
(16) any other matter or course of conduct which, by recital in the bond resolution, is declared to further secure the payment of the principal of or interest on the bonds.
All such provisions of the bond resolution and all such covenants and agreements shall constitute valid and legally binding contracts between the sewerage authority and the several holders of the bonds, regardless of the time of issuance of such bonds, and shall be enforceable by any such holder or holders by mandamus or other appropriate action, suit, or proceeding at law or in equity in any court of competent jurisdiction.
L.1946, c. 138, p. 657, s. 16, eff. April 23, 1946.
Section: Previous 40-14a-9 40-14a-10 40-14a-11 40-14a-12 40-14a-13 40-14a-14 40-14a-15 40-14a-16 40-14a-17 40-14a-18 40-14a-19 40-14a-20 40-14a-21 40-14a-22 40-14a-23 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016