The following terms wherever used or referred to in this act shall have the following respective meanings:
(1) "Governing body" shall mean the commission, council, board or body, by whatever name it may be known, having charge of the finances of a county or municipality.
(2) "Person" shall mean any person, association, corporation, nation, State, or any agency or subdivision thereof, or a county or municipality of the State.
(3) "Construct" and "construction" shall connote and include acts of construction, reconstruction, replacement, extension, improvement and betterment of lands, public improvements, works, facilities, services or undertakings.
(4) "Operate" and "operation" shall mean and include acquisition, construction, maintenance, management and administration of any lands, public improvements, works, facilities, services or undertakings.
(5) "Local unit" shall mean any municipality or county.
L.1960, c. 3, p. 19, s. 10. Amended by L.1973, c. 208, s. 11, eff. Aug. 2, 1973.
Section: Previous 40-48-23 40-48-24 40-48-25 40-48-26 40-48-28 40-48-29 40-48a-1 40-48b-1.1 40-48b-2.1 40-48b-4.1 40-48b-4.2 40-48b-14 40-48b-15 40-48b-16 40-48b-17 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016