40:55D-120. Review of ordinance
a. Prior to adoption of the development transfer ordinance, the municipality shall submit a copy of the proposed ordinance, copies of all reports and plans prepared pursuant to section 5 of this act, and proposed municipal master plan changes necessary for the enactment of the development transfer ordinance to the county planning board. If the ordinance and master plan changes involve agricultural land, then the Burlington County Agriculture Development Board shall also be provided information identical to that provided to the county planning board.
b. The county planning board, upon receiving the development transfer ordinance and accompanying documentation, shall conduct a review of the ordinance with regard to the following criteria:
(1) consistency with the adopted master plan of the county;
(2) support of regional objectives for agricultural land preservation, natural resource management and protection, historic or architectural conservation, or the preservation of other public values as enumerated in subsection b. of section 6 of this act;
(3) consistency with reasonable population and economic forecasts for the county;
(4) adequacy of present or proposed infrastructure for concentrated growth; and
(5) sufficiency of the receiving zone to accommodate the development potential that may be transferred from sending zones and a reasonable assurance of marketability of any instruments of transfer that may be created.
c. Any municipality located in whole or in part in the pinelands area, as defined in P.L.1979, c.111 (C.13:18A-1 et seq.), shall also submit the proposed development transfer ordinance, reports and plans, and master plan changes to the Pinelands Commission for review. The Pinelands Commission shall determine whether the ordinance is compatible with the pinelands development credit program implemented pursuant to P.L.1985, c.310 (C.13:18A-30 et seq.) and is otherwise consistent with the comprehensive management plan adopted by the Pinelands Commission pursuant to P.L.1979, c.111 (C.13:18A-1 et seq.). If the commission determines that the development transfer ordinance is not compatible or consistent, the commission shall make such recommendations as may be necessary to conform the ordinance with the comprehensive management plan. The municipality shall not adopt the ordinance unless the changes recommended by the Pinelands Commission have been included in the ordinance.
Section: Previous 40-55d-113 40-55d-114 40-55d-115 40-55d-116 40-55d-117 40-55d-118 40-55d-119 40-55d-120 40-55d-121 40-55d-122 40-55d-123 40-55d-124 40-55d-125 40-55d-125.1 40-55d-126 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016