New Jersey Revised Statutes § 52:27i-22 - Powers, Rights, Assets, Duties Assumed By Authority.

52:27I-22 Powers, rights, assets, duties assumed by authority.

5.Effective and automatically upon the first meeting of the authority:

a.The authority shall assume all of the powers, rights, assets, and duties of the predecessor authority to the extent provided by this act, and such powers shall then and thereafter be vested in and shall be exercised by the authority.

b.The terms of office of the members of the predecessor authority shall terminate, the officers having custody of the funds of the predecessor authority shall deliver those funds into the custody of the person having charge of the financial affairs of the authority, the property and assets of the predecessor authority shall, without further act or deed, become the property and assets of the authority, and the predecessor authority shall cease to exist.

c.All debts, liabilities, obligations and contracts of the predecessor authority, except to the extent specifically provided or established to the contrary in this act, are imposed upon the authority, and all creditors of the predecessor authority and persons having claims against or contracts with the predecessor authority of any kind or character may enforce those debts, claims and contracts against the authority as successor to the predecessor authority in the same manner as they might have had against the predecessor authority, and the rights and remedies of those holders, creditors and persons having claims against or contracts with the predecessor authority shall not be limited or restricted in any manner by this act.

d.In continuing the functions, contracts, obligations and duties of the predecessor authority, the authority is authorized to act in its own name or in the name of the predecessor authority as may be convenient or advisable under the circumstances from time to time.

e.Any references to the predecessor authority in any other law or regulation shall be deemed to refer and apply to the authority.

f.All operations of the predecessor authority shall continue as operations of the authority until altered by the authority as may be permitted pursuant to this act.

g.The powers vested in the authority by this act shall be construed as being in addition to and not in diminution of the powers heretofore vested by law in the predecessor authority to the extent not otherwise altered or provided for in this act.

L.2010, c.51, s.5.

Section: Previous  52-27i-8.2  52-27i-14  52-27i-17  52-27i-18  52-27i-19  52-27i-20  52-27i-21  52-27i-22  52-27i-23  52-27i-24  52-27i-25  52-27i-26  52-27i-27  52-27i-28  52-27i-29  Next

Last modified: October 11, 2016