55:14K-39. Conflicts of interest; violations; penalties
a. No member, officer or employee of the agency shall have or attempt to have, for purposes of personal gain, directly or indirectly, any interest:
(1) In any contract or agreement of the agency;
(2) In the sale or purchase of any property by the agency;
(3) In any eligible loan, loan to institutional lender or application therefor;
(4) In any housing project constructed, improved, rehabilitated or operated, or to be constructed, improved, rehabilitated or operated under the provisions of this act; or
(5) In any boarding house at which or to which a life safety improvement is or is to be constructed, acquired or rendered with moneys provided by a life safety improvement loan from the agency;
but this section shall not be construed to prohibit a member, officer or employee of the agency from being the borrower on a loan purchased by the agency made to provide financing for a single family dwelling which is the primary residence of the borrower, and the agency shall adopt a policy governing the eligibility of agency members, officers and employees for such loans.
b. Any member, officer or employee of the agency who violates the provisions of this section is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree. Any such person shall be barred from public employment in this State in any capacity whatsoever for a period of five years from the date he was adjudged guilty.
L.1983, c. 530, s. 39, eff. Jan. 17, 1984.
Section: Previous 55-14k-32 55-14k-33 55-14k-34 55-14k-35 55-14k-36 55-14k-37 55-14k-38 55-14k-39 55-14k-40 55-14k-41 55-14k-42 55-14k-43 55-14k-44 55-14k-45 55-14k-46 Next
Last modified: October 11, 2016