* 185.20 Electronic arraignment.
Notwithstanding the provisions of subdivision nine of section 1.20, sections 110.10, 120.10, 120.40, 120.90, 140.20, 140.27, 140.40, 170.10 and 180.10 of this chapter or any other provision of law as they pertain to a defendant's personal appearance at arraignment, in Suffolk county, the court in its discretion may dispense with the defendant's personal appearance at the arraignment and conduct an electronic arraignment, provided that:
1. The defendant has waived in writing his right to personally appear at his arraignment and has consented to be arraigned by the electronic arraignment process;
2. The district attorney has consented to the electronic arraignment process for the defendant;
3. The personal appearance of the defendant at the arraignment would result in an unreasonable delay in the preliminary proceeding; and
4. The chief administrator of the courts has authorized the use of electronic arraignments for the court, pursuant to the provisions of section 185.40 of this article. * NB Expired September 1, 1983
Last modified: February 3, 2019