69-l. Definitions. As used in this article, unless the context requires otherwise:
1. "Department" means the department of state.
2. "Person" means an individual, firm, company, partnership, limited liability company or corporation.
3. "Licensee" means a person as herein defined licensed to engage in the business of installing, servicing or maintaining security or fire alarm systems under this article.
4. "To engage in the business of installing, servicing or maintaining security or fire alarm systems" means and refers to a person who holds himself out directly or indirectly, as being able, or who offers or undertakes, by any means or method, to install, service or maintain a security or fire alarm system to detect intrusion, break-in, movement, sound or fire.
5. "Fee", "examination fee", "license fee" and "renewal fee" mean the fees required to accompany an application for examination or fingerprint processing for or issuance of any license, including any temporary, apprentice or renewal license, pursuant to this article. Such fee shall be non-refundable.
Last modified: February 3, 2019