69-n. Powers of the secretary of state. In addition to the powers and duties elsewhere prescribed in this article, the secretary of state shall have power:
1. To appoint an adequate number of assistants, inspectors and other employees as may be necessary to carry out the provisions of this article, to prescribe their duties, and to fix their compensation within the amount appropriated therefor.
2. To examine into the qualifications and fitness of applicants for licenses under this article.
3. To keep records of all licenses issued, suspended or revoked.
4. To prepare a manual of rules and regulations for the conduct of examinations and to furnish copies thereof to persons desiring the same upon payment of a reasonable fee therefor.
5. To adopt such rules and regulations not inconsistent with the provisions of this article, as may be necessary with respect to the form and content of applications for licenses, the reception thereof, the investigation and examination of applicants and their qualifications, and the other matters incidental or appropriate to his powers and duties as prescribed by this article and for the proper administration and enforcement of the provisions of this article, and to amend or repeal any of such rules and regulations.
Last modified: February 3, 2019