89-bbb. Definitions. When used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
1. "Commissioner" means the commissioner of the division of criminal justice services.
2. "Division" means the division of criminal justice services.
3. "Secretary" means the secretary of state.
4. "Department" means the department of state.
6. "Armored car carrier" means any individual, partnership, association, limited liability company, corporation, or any other entity, engaging in the business of providing armored car services for hire.
7. "Armored car services" means engaging in the business of providing secured transportation, protection and safeguarding of valuable cargo from one place or point to another, including the provision of cash services for automated teller machines, by means of specially designed and constructed bullet-resistant armored vehicles and armored car guards.
8. "Armored car guard" has the meaning ascribed to that term by subdivision eight of section eighty-nine-ppp of this chapter.
9. "Valuable cargo" means money, cash, currency, coin, bullion, precious metals and articles made therefrom, gems and jewelry, negotiable and non-negotiable securities, bonds, notes, checks, drafts, coupons, or other valuable instruments, documents or certificates, including tapes, computer disks, or other electronic or magnetic media, U.S. Postage Stamps, food stamps, and other articles of unusual value.
10. "Licensee" means an armored car carrier that has been issued a license in accordance with the provisions of this article.
11. "Principal" means any person controlling an interest greater than ten percent of an armored car carrier.
12. "Officer" means the four primary officers of a corporation, normally defined as president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer.
13. "Serious offense" has the meaning ascribed to that term by subdivision thirteen of section eighty-nine-f of this chapter.
Last modified: February 3, 2019