121-903. Certificate of amendment. (a) A foreign limited partnership may amend its application for authority from time to time if the amendments contain only such provisions as might be lawfully contained in an application for authority at the time of making such amendment. To accomplish such amendment, a certificate, entitled "Certificate of amendment of...(name of limited partnership) under section 121-903 of the Revised Limited Partnership Act," shall be signed and delivered to the department of state. It shall set forth:
(1) the name of the foreign organization as it appears on the index of names of existing domestic and authorized foreign limited partnerships of any type or kind in the department of state, and the fictitious name, if any, the foreign limited partnership has agreed to use in this state pursuant to section 121-902 of this article;
(2) the jurisdiction of its organization;
(3) the date it was authorized to do business in this state;
(4) each amendment effected thereby; and
(5) if the true name of the foreign limited partnership is to be changed, a statement that the change of name has been effected under the laws of the jurisdiction of its organization and the date the change was so effected.
(b) Every foreign limited partnership which has received a filing receipt evidencing authority as provided herein, shall, within ninety days after it has changed its name in the jurisdiction of its formation file an amendment to its application with the department of state under subdivision (a) of this section.
Last modified: February 3, 2019