* 364-c. National long term care channeling demonstration project. 1. Notwithstanding any inconsistent provisions of this chapter or any other law to the contrary, the Rensselaer county social services district is hereby authorized to participate in the national long term care channeling demonstration project, for the purposes of demonstrating: (a) the efficiency and effectiveness of community based long term care services; (b) the viability of transferring the responsibility for determining the amount, duration and scope of services to be provided from the local social services agency to the channeling agency; and (c) various methods of delivering services, including services or supplies not authorized to be provided under this title; provided, however, that no such additional services or supplies provided hereunder shall be subject to state reimbursement unless the department approves provision of such services or supplies to persons eligible for medical assistance, and federal financial participation is available for such additional services or supplies; and provided further, that the social services district may only participate in such demonstration in accordance with a plan submitted to the departments of social services and health, and the division of the budget, and only to the extent and period for which such plan has been approved by those departments and division.
2. (a) Notwithstanding any inconsistent provision of law to the contrary, expenditures made in connection with the national long term care channeling demonstration project for social and health services and medical supplies authorized to be provided by this section and approved by the department, shall be subject to state reimbursement under section three hundred sixty-eight-a of this title in accordance with a schedule of maximum reimbursable amounts approved by the department and the division of budget for such services and supplies for the project.
(b) Notwithstanding any inconsistent provision of law to the contrary, the commissioner may authorize the Rensselaer county social services district to pay for services and supplies provided pursuant to the demonstration project.
3. Notwithstanding any inconsistent provision of this chapter or any other law to the contrary, the commissioner may, subject to the approval of the director of the budget, approve such a demonstration project and apply for appropriate waivers under federal law and regulation and may waive any provision of this title or regulation of the department as may be necessary to enable the social services district to participate in the demonstration project, and to make medical assistance funds available for such project.
4. The commissioner shall provide that a final evaluation be made of the national long term care channeling demonstration project in Rensselaer county approved and conducted hereunder in a form mutually agreed upon by such commissioner, the state commissioner of health, and the director of the state office for the aging, and shall provide copies of such report to the governor and to the legislature. In addition, the director of the state office for the aging shall submit annual interim reports on the progress of the project to the governor and legislature by the first day of February of each year.
* NB Expired December 31, 1985
Last modified: February 3, 2019