451. Definitions. As used in this article, the following terms shall include and mean:
1. "Accelerated capacity and transportation improvements". The construction, reconstruction, capacity improvement, replacement, reconditioning and preservation, including the acquisition of real property and interests therein required or expected to be required in connection therewith, of state highways and parkways, and bridges thereon.
2. "Municipality". A city or a county not wholly contained within a city, a town, village or two or more of the foregoing acting jointly.
3. "Commissioner". The commissioner of transportation of the state of New York.
4. "Department". The department of transportation of the state of New York.
5. "Municipal bridge improvements". The construction, reconstruction, replacement, preservation, enhancement, restoration and improvement, including the acquisition of real property and interests therein required or expected to be required in connection therewith, of bridges not on the state highway system undertaken by a municipality with funds provided in whole or in part by the Accelerated Capacity and Transportation Improvements of the Nineties Bond Act pursuant to a contract between such municipality and the commissioner.
6. "Federal assistance". Funds available, other than by loan, from the federal government to a municipality, either directly or through allocation by the state, for any municipal accelerated capacity and transportation improvements.
7. "Municipal bridge improvements cost". The actual cost of municipal bridge improvements or the estimated reasonable cost thereof as determined by the commissioner, whichever is less, plus any direct incidental costs of such improvements approved by the state comptroller, and less any federal assistance received or to be received by the state for such improvements.
8. "New York state content program". Actions taken by the commissioner in concert with the commissioner of economic development, a municipality or a contractor to encourage the participation of suppliers and contractors located within New York state, to the extent permissible under applicable federal regulations.
9. "Bond proceeds". Moneys received by the state from the sale of bonds and/or notes sold pursuant to the Accelerated Capacity and Transportation Improvements of the Nineties Bond Act.
Last modified: February 3, 2019