452. Powers and duties of the commissioner. The commissioner is hereby authorized:
1. To provide for the accomplishment of authorized accelerated capacity and transportation improvements unless otherwise provided for in law.
2. To provide for the accomplishment of any authorized municipal bridge improvements unless otherwise provided for in law, within the limitations of appropriations available therefor, pursuant to contract between the commissioner and the municipality undertaking such improvements.
3. To utilize federal moneys available or which may become available to the state, or to a municipality in the form of federal assistance, for the purpose of effectuating the provisions of this article.
4. To enter into contracts with any person, firm, corporation or agency, private or governmental, for the purpose of effectuating the provisions of this article.
5. To prescribe such rules and regulations as he may deem appropriate to effectuate the provisions of this article, including but not limited to rules and regulations governing the form, content and submission of applications by municipalities for use of bond proceeds for municipal bridge improvements.
6. To approve vouchers for the payment of state financial assistance to persons, firms, corporations or agencies, private and governmental, and municipalities pursuant to contracts for the accomplishment of municipal bridge improvements.
7. To establish or cause to be established by the department of economic development a New York state content program which shall provide for notification to New York contractors, subcontractors and suppliers of opportunities to bid on contracts for improvements financed under this article, and to promulgate procedures which will assure the compliance of such notification prior to awarding bids, and to require that contractors submit, as supplementary materials to their bids, documented evidence of their efforts to encourage the participation of New York suppliers and subcontractors on accelerated capacity and transportation improvements and municipal bridge improvements financed pursuant to this article.
8. To perform such other and additional acts as he deems necessary or desirable to carry out effectively the provisions of this article.
Last modified: February 3, 2019