60. Definitions. As used in this article, the following terms shall mean and include:
1. "Public corporation." A corporation as defined in section three of the general corporation law, except that a public benefit corporation shall not be deemed a public corporation for the purposes of this article unless it operates in a territory coterminous with the county or a tax district or districts within the county.
1-a. "Contract agency", "contract association". A not-for-profit corporation or association which provides services exclusively to a single county on a contractual basis and receives at least eighty-five percent of its funding from the local, state or federal government.
2. "Municipal corporation," "district corporation" and "public benefit corporation." A municipal corporation, district corporation and public benefit corporation, respectively, as defined in section three of the general corporation law.
3. "Plans." The plan of self-insurance provided for in this article.
4. "Committee." The committee appointed pursuant to section sixty-four of this chapter to administer the plan.
5. "Administrator." The administrator appointed pursuant to section sixty-four of this chapter to administer the plan.
6. "Participant." A public corporation participating in a plan.
7. "Liability." The liability of a participant to pay compensation, assessments and all other obligations imposed by or pursuant to this chapter, the volunteer firemen's benefit law, and the volunteer ambulance workers' benefit law except as otherwise provided in section sixty-one of this chapter.
8. "Reserve." The self-insurance reserve provided for in section sixty-nine of this chapter.
Last modified: February 3, 2019