The North Carolina Board of Agriculture is hereby authorized to adopt such regulations as may be necessary to:
(1) Carry out the provisions of the national poultry improvement plan.
(2) Set up minimum standards for the operation of hatcheries.
(3) Regulate hatching egg dealers, chick dealers, poult dealers, poultry dealers, ratite dealers, and jobbers.
(4) Regulate the shipping into this State of baby chicks, turkey poults and hatching eggs.
(5) Facilitate the control and eradication of contagious and infectious diseases of poultry.
(6) Establish fee schedules for pullorum and other disease testing, and the performance of services such as culling and selecting by Department personnel.
(7) Provide for compulsory testing of poultry for pullorum disease and fowl typhoid. (1945, c. 616, s. 2; 1969, c. 464; 1983, c. 290, ss. 2, 3; 1998-212, s. 13.10(a).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014