(a) At any time after the effective date of this Article, the Association may conduct a referendum among strawberry producers upon the question of whether an assessment shall be levied as provided for herein.
(b) The Association shall determine:
(1) The amount of the proposed assessment;
(2) The period for which the assessment shall be levied, not to exceed three years;
(3) The time and place of the referendum;
(4) Procedures for conducting the referendum and counting of votes; and
(5) Any other matters pertaining to the referendum.
(c) The amount of the proposed assessment and the method of collection shall be set forth on the ballot; provided that no annual assessment shall exceed five percent (5%) of the value of the previous year's strawberry plant sales.
(d) All persons engaged in the commercial production of strawberries, including owners of farms, tenants and sharecroppers shall be eligible to vote in the referendum. Any questions concerning eligibility to vote shall be resolved by the Board of Directors of the Association. (1989 (Reg. Sess., 1990), c. 1027, s. 1.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014