As used in this Article, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) "Lagoon" means a confined body of water to hold animal byproducts including bodily waste from animals or a mixture of waste with feed, bedding, litter or other agricultural materials.
(2) Repealed by Session Laws 1995 (Regular Session, 1996), c. 626, s. 7.
(3) "Occupied residence" means a dwelling actually inhabited by a person on a continuous basis as exemplified by a person living in his or her home.
(3a) "Outdoor recreational facility" means any plot or tract of land on which there is located an outdoor swimming pool, tennis court, or golf course that is open to either the general public or to the members and guests of any organization having 50 or more members.
(4) "Site evaluation" means an investigation to determine if a site meets all federal and State standards as evidenced by the Waste Management Facility Site Evaluation Report on file with the Soil and Water Conservation District office or a comparable report certified by a professional engineer or a comparable report certified by a technical specialist approved by the North Carolina Soil and Water Conservation Commission.
(5) "Swine farm" means a tract of land devoted to raising 250 or more animals of the porcine species.
(6) "Swine house" means a building that shelters porcine animals on a continuous basis. (1995, c. 420, s. 1; 1995 (Reg. Sess., 1996), c. 626, s. 7(a); c. 743, s. 3; 1997-443, s. 11A.119(a); 1997-456, s. 15; 1997-458, s. 4.1; 1997-496, s. 12.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014