As used in this Article, the following words and terms shall have the following meanings, unless the context shall indicate another or different meaning or intent:
(1) The word "Board" shall mean the Board of Governors of The University of North Carolina.
(2) The word "cost" as applied to any project, shall include the cost of acquisition or construction; the cost of acquisition of all property, both real and personal, or interests therein; the cost of demolishing, removing, or relocating any buildings or structures on land so acquired, including the cost of acquiring any lands to which such buildings or structures may be removed or relocated; the cost of all labor, materials, equipment and furnishings, financing charges, interest prior to and during construction and, if deemed advisable by the Board, for a period not exceeding one year after completion of such construction; provisions for working capital, reserves for debt service and for extensions, enlargements, additions, and improvements; cost of engineering, financial, and legal services, plans, specifications, studies, surveys, and estimates of cost and of revenues; administrative expenses; expenses necessary or incident to determining the feasibility or practicability of constructing the project; and such other expenses as may be necessary or incident to acquisition or construction with respect to the project or to the placing of the project in operation. Any obligation or expense incurred by the Board prior to the issuance of bonds under the provisions of this Article in connection with any of the foregoing items of cost may be regarded as a part of such cost.
(3) The word "Institution" shall mean North Carolina State University at Raleigh and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, or a constituent institution of The University of North Carolina with a Millennial Campus as defined by G.S. 116-198.33(4b).
(4) The term "Centennial Campus" means all of the following properties:
a. The real property and appurtenant facilities bounded by Blue Ridge Road, Hillsborough Street, Wade Avenue, and Interstate 440 that are the sites of the College of Veterinary Medicine, the University Club, and the Agricultural Turf Grass Management Program.
b. The real property and appurtenant facilities that are the former Dix Hospital properties and other contiguous parcels of property that are adjacent to Centennial Boulevard.
c. All other real property and appurtenant facilities designated by the Board of Governors as part of the Centennial Campus. The properties designated by the Board of Governors do not have to be contiguous with the Centennial Campus to be designated as part of that Campus.
(4a) The term "Horace Williams Campus" means all of the following properties:
a. The real property and appurtenant facilities left to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill by the Will of Henry Horace Williams.
b. All other real property and appurtenant facilities designated by the Board of Governors as part of the Horace Williams Campus. The properties designated by the Board of Governors do not have to be contiguous with the Horace Williams Campus to be designated as part of that Campus.
(4b) The term "Millennial Campus" means all real property and appurtenant facilities designated by the Board of Governors as part of a Millennial Campus of a constituent institution of The University of North Carolina other than North Carolina State University or the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The properties designated by the Board of Governors do not have to be contiguous with the constituent institution to be designated as part of the institution's Millennial Campus.
(5) The term "existing facilities" shall mean buildings and facilities, then existing, any part of the revenues of which are pledged under the provisions of any resolution authorizing the issuance of revenue bonds hereunder to the payment of such bonds.
(6) The word "project" shall mean and shall include any one or more buildings, structures, administration buildings, libraries, research or instructional facilities, housing maintenance, storage, or utility facilities, and any facilities related thereto or required or useful for conducting of research or the operation of the Centennial Campus, the Horace Williams Campus, or of a Millennial Campus as defined by G.S. 116-198.33(4b), including roads, water, sewer, power, gas, greenways, parking, or any other support facilities essential or convenient for the orderly conduct of the Centennial Campus, the Horace Williams Campus, or a Millennial Campus, respectively.
(7) The word "revenues" shall mean all or any part of the rents, leases, charges, fees, and other income revenues derived from or in connection with any project or projects and existing facilities. (1987, c. 336, s. 1; 1998-159, s. 2; 1999-234, s. 4; 2000-177, s. 5.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014