(a) The Housing Coordination and Policy Council shall consist of 15 representatives, as follows:
(1) One member of the N.C. Housing Partnership who is experienced with housing programs for low-income persons, as designated by the chair.
(2) One member of the Community Development Council who is experienced with federal, State, and local housing programs, as designated by the chair.
(3) One member of the N.C. Housing Finance Agency Board of Directors who is experienced with real estate finance and development, as designated by the chair.
(4) One member of the Weatherization Policy Advisory Council who is experienced with community weatherization programs, as designated by the chair.
(5) One member of the State protection and advocacy agency designated under the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act 2000, P.L. 106-402, who is familiar with the housing needs of the disabled.
(6) The executive director of the Commission of Indian Affairs, or a designee familiar with Indian housing programs.
(7) The Assistant Secretary of Community Development and Housing, or a designee familiar with housing programs related to community development and housing functions.
(8) The director of the Division of Aging, or a designee familiar with the housing programs of the Division.
(9) The executive director of the N.C. Housing Finance Agency, or a designee familiar with the housing programs of the Agency.
(10) The director of the Division of Mental Health, or a designee familiar with housing for those with mental disabilities.
(11) The executive director of the N.C. Human Relations Commission, or a designee familiar with federal and State fair housing laws.
(12) The head of the AIDS Care Branch, or a designee familiar with the housing programs of the Division of Adult Health Promotion.
(13) The director of the Office of Economic Opportunity, or a designee familiar with programs for the homeless.
(14) Two members of nonprofit organizations who are experienced with housing advocacy for low-income persons and State and federal housing programs.
(b) All members except those serving ex officio shall be appointed by the Governor. The Governor shall designate one member of the Council to serve as Chair.
(c) The initial members of the Council other than those serving ex officio shall be appointed to serve for terms of four years and until their successors are appointed and qualified. Any appointment to fill a vacancy created by resignation, dismissal, death, or disability of a member shall be for the balance of the term.
(d) Members of the Council may receive per diem and necessary travel and subsistence expenses in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 138-5.
(e) A majority of the Council shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
(f) All clerical and other services required by the Council shall be supplied by the Housing Finance Agency. (1993, c. 321, s. 305(d); 1995, c. 263, s. 1; 2007-323, s. 19.1(d).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014