A person serving on the Supplemental Retirement Board of Trustees shall be immune individually from civil liability for monetary damages, except to the extent covered by insurance, for any act or failure to act arising out of that service, except where any of the following apply:
(1) The person was not acting within the scope of that person's official duties.
(2) The person was not acting in good faith.
(3) The person committed gross negligence or willful or wanton misconduct that resulted in the damages or injury.
(4) The person derived an improper personal financial benefit, either directly or indirectly, from the transaction.
(5) The person incurred the liability from the operation of a motor vehicle. (2013-287, s. 5.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014