(a) The Department of Transportation shall, on or before the tenth day after the convening of each regular session of the General Assembly of North Carolina, make a full printed, detailed report to the General Assembly, showing the construction and maintenance work and the cost of the same, receipts of license fees, and disbursements of the Department of Transportation, and such other data as may be of interest in connection with the work of the Department of Transportation. A full account of each road project shall be kept by and under the direction of the Department of Transportation or its representatives, to ascertain at any time the expenditures and the liabilities against all projects; also records of contracts and force account work. The account records, together with all supporting documents, shall be open at all times to the inspection of the Governor or road authorities of any county, or their authorized representatives, and copies thereof shall be furnished such officials upon request.
(a1) Repealed by Session Laws 2011-145, s. 28.35(a), effective July 1, 2011.
(b) At least 30 days before it approves a Transportation Improvement Program in accordance with G.S. 143B-350(f)(4) or approves interim changes to a Transportation Improvement Program, the Department shall submit the proposed Transportation Improvement Program or proposed interim changes to a Transportation Improvement Program to the following members and staff of the General Assembly:
(1) The Speaker and the Speaker Pro Tempore of the House of Representatives;
(2) The Lieutenant Governor and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate;
(3) The Chairs of the House and Senate Appropriations Committees;
(4) Each member of the Joint Legislative Transportation Oversight Committee; and
(5) The Fiscal Research Division of the Legislative Services Commission. (1921, c. 2, s. 23; C.S., s. 3846(l); 1933, c. 172, s. 17; 1957, c. 65, s. 11; 1973, c. 507, s. 5; 1977, c. 464, s. 7.1; 1989, c. 692, s. 1.3; c. 770, s. 74.16; 1993, c. 321, s. 169.2(d); 1996, 2nd Ex. Sess., c. 18, s. 19.4(c); 2006-203, s. 74; 2011-145, s. 28.35(a).)
Last modified: March 23, 2014