The following definitions apply to this Article:
(1) Department. - The North Carolina Department of Transportation.
(2) Turnpike Authority. - The public agency created by this Article.
(3) Authority Board. - The governing board of the Turnpike Authority.
(4) Turnpike project. - Either of the following:
a. A road, bridge, or tunnel project planned, or planned and constructed, in accordance with the provisions of this Article.
b. A segment of the State highway system the Authority Board converts to a tolled highway pursuant to the authorization in G.S. 136-89.187.
(5) Turnpike system. - All Turnpike projects. (2002-133, s. 1; 2008-225, s. 3.)
Last modified: March 23, 2014